Following is visualizing how a 3D printed titanium prosthesis for a bird was made. It is the world first 3D printed prosthesis for a bird.
A group that includes designer, dentist and veterinary used a photographic scanning technology, modeling and 3D printing to develop the prosthesis.
1. Identify and analyzing the broken beak
2. Modeling the prosthesis in 3D
3. Make the 3D model 3D printable and fix finalize it to be ready for production
4. 3D Print the 3D file and make after treatment
5. Prepare and start the operation
In São Paulo, one veterinary team made the installation of the new titanium prosthesis .
6. Make sure that the patient can adapt and feel good with the new prosthesis
If you like our posts and want to get update with more exotic 3D printing news,
“Together we will create a online center for 3D printing”